Pet Travel and Health Certificates

Pet Travel and Health Certificates

If you are traveling with your pet, there may be additional certificates, vaccines, testing or medications required by your destination state or country. Your pet is REQUIRED to have a valid rabies certificate and may require a microchip.

Health certificates must be issued within 10 days of entering your destination and can only be signed by a USDA accredited veterinarian. All health certificate appointments must be scheduled with Dr. Craddock. Please bring ALL required information to this appointment, along with your current address and phone number and the physical address and phone number where your pet will be located at your destination.

International health certificates require endorsement by USDA APHIS Veterinary Services and must be mailed to their office in Albany, NY. Additional information including mailing instructions and requirements can be found through the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service website.

Airline information regarding pet travel can be found at their respective websites.

Please find the specific requirements for the STATE you to which you are traveling here:

Please find the specific requirements for the COUNTRY to which you are traveling here:

Please find a Pet Export Checklist, USDA endorsement fees and mailing instructions here:

Contact our Veterinarians in Cary, NC for More Information

For more information on traveling with your pet, or to set up an appointment at Chatham Animal Hospital, call us at  (919) 469-8114.


Find us on the map

Office Hours

Our Regular Schedule

Chatham Animal Hospital Hours


8:00 am-5:30 pm


8:00 am-5:30 pm


8:00 am-5:30 pm


8:00 am-5:30 pm


8:00 am-5:30 pm


8:00 am-12:00 pm